Prioritize projects by business value
Projects can now be sorted by business value to the organization. Simply open up a project and fill in the business value estimate (value) and the effort to complete the project (effort), and GlassFrog will calculate the Return on Investment (ROI) for that project.
About the Business Value Estimates
- Calculations are based on the following formula: Business value to the organization (value) / effort to complete the project (effort) = Return on Investment (ROI)
- We recommend using 'unitless' or 'relative' numbers for value and effort estimates. In other words, 2 being twice the value of 1, and twice the effort of 1.
How to use Business Value Estimates in GlassFrog
- Lead Links typically enter the Value (with input if desired) and the role filler / project owner typically enter the effort. Recommended options are: 0, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, or 13 for each.
- Save the project, and GlassFrog will show the ROI value on the project, and will sort projects with higher ROIs and values to the top of the project board so that you can see which projects are more valuable to your organization. Or, if you want to enter the value for now and enter the effort later, GlassFrog will show the value on the project and include that when sorting.
- Role fillers can then prioritize their work based on these ROIs or just the Business Value Estimate, or Lead Link can specify prioritizing by highest Business Value or ROI if that is available.